about Einsteinz Music
Einsteinz Music instils a love of music in young children, through weekly term-run classes, led by professional musicians as teachers. We teach children the fundamentals of music, being beat, pitch, rhythm and tempo, through a repertoire chosen specifically for that purpose and hands-on experience with the percussion instruments. Teachers lead the classes playing guitar on the mat and children get to play maracas, tambourines, rhythm sticks (when they are two and older) and all classes end with a jam session on the drums. We also use props like scarves and animals, when appropriate.
Classes are very experiential, with the emphasis on “doing” – that is where the learning occurs. Everything is played live (no pre-recorded music) and classes are high-energy.
We inspire and nurture a love of music early in children – in a fun, age-appropriate environment.
A music school for young children in which parents and carers interact and spend time with their children in music appreciation classes. To facilitate a series of fun, interactive music classes for parents and carers and their young children which:
- Offers an appreciation and enjoyment for different types of music and musical instruments,
- Encourages the children’s interest in music and their understanding of simple musical concepts,
- Lays the foundation for future learning, enjoyment and playing of musical instruments,
- Builds the children’s self confidence and self awareness as being part of a group,
- Offers an environment for parents and carers to learn about their child’s process of development and to interact with their child,
- Appeals to both adults and children.
where we started
Einsteinz Music, initially referred to as “Funky Time”, started back in 1999 as an in-store activity at Einsteinz Toy Box toy store in Leichhardt.
The lessons grew in popularity and a few years later expanded into a stand-alone business, renamed Einsteinz Music, when the toy store closed.
From humble beginnings in the back of a toy store, we now run weekly lessons for children in venues in Bondi, Coogee, Leichhardt, Lilyfield, Neutral Bay, Randwick and Rozelle.
We are also keen to open classes in Alexandria, Camperdown, Concord, Crows Nest, Hunters Hill, Newtown and the Sutherland Shire, if there is enough interest in those areas.